General Position Summary
Premiere Urgence Internationale PUI is a non-profit, non-governmental, humanitarian organization working toward international solidarity. PUI is working in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002. It provides humanitarian assistance to the Palestinian people in West Bank and Gaza throughout food security and Watsan programs.
Qualifications and Experience
– Minimum of 3 years professional driving experience (preferably in NGOs)
– Minimum of secondary school certificate.
– A full clean and valid driving licence
– Basic English language skills written and orally
– Good knowledge of all areas in Gaza Strip.
– To safely and securely ensure the transportation of PUI staff and deliveries throughout the Gaza Strip
– Checking the route, road, location, destination and security situation before each journey
– Recording trips details using PUI Logbook
– Checking that all tools and items ( jacks, spare tyres, first aid kit etc) are always kept in the vehicle
– Carry out daily vehicle checks, water, oil, tyres, etc
– Keep vehicle clean and tidy
– Communicating any security issues to logistics and security officer
– Observing safe driving practices and respecting speed limits as required within the law of Gaza
– Carry out loading/ unloading duties as required
– Has the ability to work overtime or at weekends when requested
– Knowledge of Security protocols and oPT laws.
– Pleasant personality and ability to work in a team.
– Basic English language skills written and orally.
Note: The position is a full time job. It is a contact of 2 months (renewable depending on availability of funds).
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including 2 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send your application to:
The email subject line should include the following position name, the closing date is: January 31, 2017. 12:00 PM Only short listed candidates will be contacted.